Friday, June 4, 2010

WERE HERE!!!

Wow. We are finally here. India is absolutely beautiful. This week so much has already happened. When we first arrived here it was 11p.m. India time and we had to drive 7 hours to get to Musiri, (the first place we are staying.) We had two separate cars to ride in on our way. Courtney and I were in one with Kingsley and a taxi driver, and the other girls, Monica, Rachel, and Kirsta were with another pastor in the area and a taxi driver. Lets just say driving is very different here. Swerving in and out of traffic and honking at every car driving by is a regular occurrence. It was something new for us, but the drive was amazing. India is beautiful. On our way there were so many tiny villages. We were so fascinated that we stayed awake the whole drive. We were introduced to our first toilet or lack thereof, and our new favorite, chai tea on the drive.
Once we arrived we had breakfast and then shortly after we rested. At four p.m. we met the children in the CDC (child development center.) This is sort of an after-school program. I have already fallen in love with the children. They run up to us, touch us, and try to speak the little English they can. We each were assigned to different grades. The next day we told a bible story, sang a song, and taught the children a bible verse. Today we had a prayer time from 10-12. We learned a song in Tamil and we sang it with the youth. There is no better sound then Indians singing a worship song. Tonight we are going to be with the kids and we are teaching them another story from the Bible and games. I love it here, and am so thankful god has given me such an amazing opportunity. The Children are so beautiful and their smiles are like nothing I have seen. The food here is AMAZING. I’m not kidding, every thing we eat has been so good. Every time they offer me tea I can’t say no it is so so good. I thought Starbucks was good, this is the best there is.
In the next few days we are going to have a picnic with the youth of the Nazarene church here in Musiri, and I will be giving a short devotion/sermon. I’m a little nervous but I know that God will speak through me. Sunday as a team we are singing worship songs, two in English, and the one we learned in Tamil. Monday we are shopping for Saris! I’m so excited. We will be here until the 13th then we will begin traveling. Thank you for your prayers! Love you all!

7 comments:

  1. Loooovee it! It sounds amazing! I'm so proud of you, aggghh it is so exciting!

    I love you and stay safe!
    You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (This is Lori) Jenna, I can feel your excitement as I read! What a wonderful opportunity you have!! Praying for you daily and can't wait to here more of your stories and see more of India through your eyes :) !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna! I'm so glad you made it safely :) I have been thinking about you and praying for you. I'm glad God has been working through you already!

    - Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenna-
    I can only imagine how loved those children felt when they got to spend time with you! Praying specifically for the devotional you will be giving! I'm sure you will do great! Keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Dear Daughter,
    God is doing amazing things in and through your life. I am so proud of you and your desire to follow the great commission.
    Praying for you daily!
    I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhhh this is wonderful!! my friend Jen who I went to India with is reading this too and we talk about it and how crazy it is! are you going to trichy for saris?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all i love you guys! God is good. Aubs all the kids still talk about you,and jen i tell them your one of my best friends :) It is so cute and yes we went to Trichy! Ahhh it is wonderful here. Miss you dear! Love you

    ReplyDelete