Friday, June 11, 2010


These past few days have been wonderful. Kingsley took us to an Island called, Rameshwaram, it was beautiful; we swam in the Indian Ocean. We went there for one night and did some sight seeing. We saw one of the biggest Hindu temples. There are people all around the world that travel to come see it. At the little island we went to, there were people dunking themselves in a very weird way. I asked Kings what they were doing and he told us that in order for their sins to be washed clean, they had to come to this spot and dunk themselves 33 times. Crazy.
Some of the teammates got carsick on the way and they didn’t feel very good for most of the trip. But they are all back to good health. We are back in Musiri for a few more days, and then we leave on Monday to start our travels. Manoj leaves tomorrow, he is our new friend, he is studying to be a pastor, he has such an amazing heart, and he’s hilarious. We are sad he is leaving, but he has to go back to school. We are going to a service Saturday morning, Saturday night, Sunday morning, and Sunday night. Each night one of the teammates is preaching. Monday were traveling by train to our next destination.
Courtney and I were looking at the pictures of the kids we’ve taken so far and we already started to get emotional. They are so stinkin cute! This picture is one that I’m stuck on. She is so beautiful her name is Sharmilla, she’s Hindu, and her hair was sacrificed to the Gods.
We are so blessed to be here. I’m so excited for the weeks to come here in India. Thank you for your prayers.

5 comments:

  1. So glad you are doing well Jenna! What precious sweet children of God! I will be praying for you tomorrow and Sunday with all your services. I'm sure you will be sharing... allow the Holy Spirit to speak through you... I know you will touch the hearts of all who are present. I miss you and LOVE you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you met Deepa, Mercy, Monisha, Christy, or Archena?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet face!!! So glad things are going well Jenna. Praying for you as you share your heart in the services. I know God is doing might things through you and I have no doubt those precious kids are just as in love with you as you are with them. Miss you Jenna and wish I could just hug you right now!!! Thanks for updating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Jenna that picture of the little girl is heart wrenching. Thanks for the update. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. of course aubs. They are all sooo cute. I have lots and lots of pics but im not gonna post them all cuz i want to tell stories to people with them first. lol I hope i get to see you before we leave. We are in Kotagiri wow aub it is soo beautiful here.

    ReplyDelete