Thursday, July 8, 2010

Love is Here


It’s hard to believe we’ve been here for over a month. We have about two weeks left here in India. This week we will be in Musiri, and we will be doing CDC each night. Next week we will head to Kotagiri, and then we will leave out of Coimbatore. This past week we went to Erode. We got to know the pastor and his family there. He gave each of us girl’s nicknames in Tamil. Mine was rose. In Erode we had lots of prayer meetings in peoples homes. I spoke about finding your security in God, and rejoicing through our suffering. Both times I could really feel the Holy Spirit working in my own heart. It was overall a busy five days. We had a lot of services and other things to keep us busy. On the last night, Monday night Courtney spoke about judging and to wrap it up she talked about how India is love. Kingsley told us that the number one thing in India is love, and he is so right. The hospitality given to us at each home is overwhelming. They all reflect God’s love. While Courtney was saying these things I started to think about leaving India and how sad and emotional I was going to be. I’m not gonna lie though I miss my family, friends, and SNU (Haha crazy I know.) I am praying that God will continue to speak through me. I get the joy of speaking the last Sunday in India. I’m a little nervous that I might burst into tears. I’m praying that God will give me the perfect topic to preach about that would really leave them with something to think about. God is so good and alive in these people’s hearts. Continue to pray that these last two weeks here would be fully focused on God, and not the distractions of getting to be home in a few weeks. Love you all!!

1 comment:

  1. You're going to awesome when you speak! I'm going to be praying for you! I remember being SOO nervous but the words just flowed. And to this day I can remember what I talked about!
    Can't wait to hear more about your trip!! :)

    ReplyDelete