Monday, April 26, 2010

Use Me

Last year, first semester youth in Mission came to my school and I never really thought about traveling to a third-world country until I heard some of the students testimonies. I grabbed a piece of paper that said the many countries we could go to if we got involved in Youth in Mission. I began to pray about where I would go if God called me to a trip, like this.

One night I got on Myspace and just browsed around. I went to one of my longtime family friends page and I looked at this album titled, "India." I looked through the pictures and tears started coming down my face. The kids looked so beautiful and grateful. It was cool to see how much they appreciated what little they had. Months after this i went to the movie Taken and I was horrified that sex slavery was still occurring all over the world. the movie really messed with my head so I couldn't go to sleep. I got on Google and I started typing in the search window. I typed, "Sex trafficking in India." It went on to say that India was one of the top countries with women and children involved in sex trafficking.

I knew at this point this is where God was calling me. This summer I met an amazing Indian family who allowed me to come into their home and chat about my upcoming travels and I listened to them tell me about the many details of India. They also made me amazing Indian food. India is somewhere I've been incredibly passionate about and I cannot wait to be God's instrument there. Although i am excited and blessed beyond belief to get to go there, I am frightened. I just know that fear is not of the Lord and that God will protect, provide, and take care of me while I am there. Lord use me.

No comments:

Post a Comment