Saturday, December 18, 2010

Your Life is a Story


I just finished an amazing book called, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller. Incredible book. It is the journey of Miller discovering himself and how others stories can impact his own. I was inspired. Now I’m sitting in this plane thinking to myself about my own story, and watching others. There is a man on this plane who is paralyzed and his family is with him, His wife and little baby. His beautiful wife stood up with their son and the baby was staring at his father with an enormous smile on his face looking at his dad. It was the most beautiful thing to watch. Here a man sits who’s paralyzed from the waist down living his life. Now granted I don’t literally know his story but watching it inspires me. This child smiling down at him made me realize he is not a man who is paralyzed, he is a man with an incredible story. I love the way God has given us each a story to tell others about. Here is a quote from the book that I love, “We live in a world where bad stories are told, stories that teach us life doesn’t mean anything and that humanity has no great purpose. It’s a good calling, then, to speak a better story. How brightly a better story shines. How easily the world looks to it in wonder. How grateful we are to hear these stories, and how happy it makes us to repeat them.”

God is guiding us to live our stories out, sort of like when we see a blind woman being guided by a man to her seat. Having God by our side helps us to feel more secure, there may be bumps and you may run into things, but still you end up in your seat. He guides you to your seat and then you end you up creating a story. The journey it took you to get to your seat. Your story is important to God and others. Live a life of purpose.

3 comments:

  1. wow! Jenna, it's really great to hear and read your messages on how God is really molding your life story into how you care so much about people that you know and that you don't. It sounds like You must have such a caring heart which will pour into others to show the light of God shinning through you. :) KEEP GOING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an inspiration to me Jenna. I wish more people read your blog. :-) You are so open to God and I can clearly see him working in your life. I love seeing God work in peoples life and I just wish that believers would be a little bit more open to God. Thank you for shining the light of Christ and keep looking up to him. Blessings to you sister in Christ. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww thank you both so much. God is so stinkin good. Have a Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete